Skip to main content

And When You Ask?




Now that you ask whether I truly love you?
How would I know?
I don't feel any different,
There are neither melodies nor cupid's show.
Yes I am poetic but that I have always been
There is no halo on my head
Nor my face has sheen.
 
So when you ask me: TELL?
Tell me how can I
Speak of something unknown to me,
And will always be hidden from my eye?
Yes, I do feel a thrill when you try to own me.
When you fall in my arms, reach for soul and my love just reciprocates yours;
So ask yourself  and if you love me so I love thee.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Workaholic

"Yeah! you are the busy guy", this taunt has somehow become integral part of my life. I hear it all the time,  times when I forget to call my mom for weeks and friends for months or when I fail to receive their calls, or when I have to break my way out of an ongoing conversation,every time it emanates from a different source I feel the predicament of whether to consider it as an accusation or take it as a compliment (I hate sarcasm as most of the times I fail to get the intended meaning so I take the meaning that suits me, so for all those who think I am busy, Thanks :P), and I don't blame them as I have clearly failed to keep my work out of my life. The realization is intimidating, yes, I am a workaholic.The one who can't just shake off his responsibilities. The one who takes his jobs to his bed, dreams about it and then wakes up again with the thoughts of the same. Yes, I am one of those who goes through all the perils to get things don...

Array of Chaos Part 3: GOD

There are few moments in life you always despise, the moments when you can’t interpret your own thoughts, you can’t identify with yourself. This article is written in one of such weak moments, since these moments are characterised by the fuzziness of thoughts which offer no such underlying relations, thus the article lacks a unifying theme in itself and is more of a realisation of various unrelated emotions. This is the third part of an article which has been trisected. #GOD Is there a God? Again a paradox, sometimes I wonder whether everything is ambiguous in life or is there definitive reality. Even this can lead to a debate of illusion and reality. May be this is the reason I m so fascinated by life there are several questions which appear so simple but everyone has his own answers , all those answers are correct. You don’t have to follow a set of defined procedure to reach the solution; life on the other hand gives opportunities to explore your own solution which is d...

The Namesake: A Critical Review

"The reader should realize himself that it could not have happened otherwise and that to give him any other name was quite out of the question." – Nikolai Gogol, "The Overcoat My copying of the epigraph is to revere the literary precision that Jhumpa Lahiri has maintained throughout “The Namesake”. “The Namesake” is a story of dreams, despairs, diversions and disillusionment. It is the story of a generation which tries to cling to their traditions in their newly found abode and of a generation which is trying to free themselves from the same traditions being imposed upon them. It is the story of the angst of the Bengali immigrants in a foreign land and the conundrum of ABCD (American Born Conflicted Deshi’s) on being exposed to two contrasting cultures of East and West.  “But she has gathered that Americans, in spite of their public declarations of affection, in spite of their miniskirts and bikinis, in spite of their...