Skip to main content

Whiling away a Wintry Night Part- II


PART-II: Life is to live


Bewildered by the announcement, I rushed towards the ticket counter and enquired about trains to SRE. “You don’t have one from Delhi; there is one from NZM station. You can take an EMU for NZM station. They are frequent enough, you can get one anytime.” EMUs are what you may term as locals. I must say the idea to take a local was not worth embracing especially at 1:30 am keeping in mind the rising crime portfolio of nation’s capital.  All of a sudden I recalled this fancy dialogue from “Risky Business”:

“Every now and then say, “What the f**k!” coz WTF gives you freedom; freedom gives you opportunity and opportunity makes your future.”

It was not pretty much in context but I just wanted to mention it anyway. It’s my blog after all. So, I said WTF, I’ll just go to NZM, what other choices I had anyway. So, I boarded the EMU. Now, there is stark difference behaviour of the passengers during daytime and nights; in broad daylight our first priority is comfort but in nights comfort is overridden by the need of security. Therefore, it is as if nights unite us with same crowd we are repelled from during the day. It seems night truly has some profound effect on mating of souls after all (no pun intended).  

But maybe it was adrenalin rush after recently encountered WTF moment that led to my adventurous decision or it was simply out of my distaste for unification with hordes, I landed up in coach with only two companions.  But, this loneliness offered me something, something I truly deserved, silence to mourn my misfortune. What new strategy I can come up with? What is worse than travelling alone in a foggy night? Wait a minute! Fog, chill, empty coach, a silent moonlit night and all I needed is perfect vista to have one of those weird solitary night-outs I had always imagined for myself. And thus, I peeped out of my window to behold the picturesque view. Train was crossing a bridge (I am not sure but it might be Shivaji bridge or Tilak bridge) and you could just glance over the mist-covered skyline of Delhi well decorated with neon-lit names of buildings. You can’t just have enough of it in one mere sight so I descended on that unknown station to have better impression. For minutes I stood there gazing, admiring and feeling the serenity of saint who has discovered transcendence. How can’t you be poetic about life?

For all those who are still wondering what my next survival strategy would be, you didn’t get it yet. In reality we don’t need a survival strategy at all; why are we so concerned about surviving when we can actually live? Well, we human get distressed when things don’t go as planned; we have pleasant times and troubled times. Some of us go even beyond that, they find troubles conceited in pleasant things. “Storm is on the way, it’s no time for amusement.” But will being anxious prevent that storm? Why can’t we take a reverse approach and search for presents veiled in these troubles. Why can’t accept and enjoy them and maybe, utilise them in some ways? Instead of considering it a setback, why can’t we turn it in a boon? Don’t get me wrong I am not asking you succumb to your fears, use it as excuse and don’t fight back, all I am requesting is when you put up a fight don’t get distressed, enjoy it. Find small things to cherish even in most unfortunate times. When there are sufferings, don’t just survive it, live through it. Most times you would learn how that storm had been helpful to you when its over, why can't we just assume that from the beginning. Living or Surviving won’t change the path, you’ll still have roadblocks, pain and worries, but your perception of them will certainly improve the journey and eventually the destination.

Yeah, they might be big talks, but then, don’t we have grand dreams? Just ponder over it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diary of a Workaholic

"Yeah! you are the busy guy", this taunt has somehow become integral part of my life. I hear it all the time,  times when I forget to call my mom for weeks and friends for months or when I fail to receive their calls, or when I have to break my way out of an ongoing conversation,every time it emanates from a different source I feel the predicament of whether to consider it as an accusation or take it as a compliment (I hate sarcasm as most of the times I fail to get the intended meaning so I take the meaning that suits me, so for all those who think I am busy, Thanks :P), and I don't blame them as I have clearly failed to keep my work out of my life. The realization is intimidating, yes, I am a workaholic.The one who can't just shake off his responsibilities. The one who takes his jobs to his bed, dreams about it and then wakes up again with the thoughts of the same. Yes, I am one of those who goes through all the perils to get things don...

Array of Chaos Part 3: GOD

There are few moments in life you always despise, the moments when you can’t interpret your own thoughts, you can’t identify with yourself. This article is written in one of such weak moments, since these moments are characterised by the fuzziness of thoughts which offer no such underlying relations, thus the article lacks a unifying theme in itself and is more of a realisation of various unrelated emotions. This is the third part of an article which has been trisected. #GOD Is there a God? Again a paradox, sometimes I wonder whether everything is ambiguous in life or is there definitive reality. Even this can lead to a debate of illusion and reality. May be this is the reason I m so fascinated by life there are several questions which appear so simple but everyone has his own answers , all those answers are correct. You don’t have to follow a set of defined procedure to reach the solution; life on the other hand gives opportunities to explore your own solution which is d...

The Namesake: A Critical Review

"The reader should realize himself that it could not have happened otherwise and that to give him any other name was quite out of the question." – Nikolai Gogol, "The Overcoat My copying of the epigraph is to revere the literary precision that Jhumpa Lahiri has maintained throughout “The Namesake”. “The Namesake” is a story of dreams, despairs, diversions and disillusionment. It is the story of a generation which tries to cling to their traditions in their newly found abode and of a generation which is trying to free themselves from the same traditions being imposed upon them. It is the story of the angst of the Bengali immigrants in a foreign land and the conundrum of ABCD (American Born Conflicted Deshi’s) on being exposed to two contrasting cultures of East and West.  “But she has gathered that Americans, in spite of their public declarations of affection, in spite of their miniskirts and bikinis, in spite of their...